The eyes are the most attractive part of the face. And absolutely eyes never lie. They are attractive when you laugh, glitter when you love, and sparkle as you smile. And more often the first feature we notice in another person. Having naturally bigger eyes is a desire for many women. In order to make our eyes prominent, there’s no denying you would be experimenting with makeup. The simplest way to achieve bigger eyes, eyelash extension is the real trick. Not only it helps to make your eyelashes look more voluminous but also lengthens them. Eyelash extensions are really a worthy investment for short eyes. But many of us still wonder if I can put mascara on my eyelash extension or not? This article is going to answer all your questions.
- Can you put mascara on eyelash extensions?
- How long after eyelash extension can you put mascara?
- Should you put mascara on the bottom eyelash
- Which mascara is safe for eyelash extension?
- How to apply mascara to eyelash extension
- How to apply mascara with glasses
- Which mascara to avoid
- Touch up mascara
- Does eye size matter
- How to remove mascara from eyelash extension
- Best water-based mascara for eyelash extensions
Can you put mascara on eyelash extensions?
The answer is yes. You can definitely wear mascara on eyelash extensions. Applying mascara will help you fill the gaps between lashes making them look more thicker and full. Moreover, it is beneficial to add mascara when your natural lash color is different.
Although eyelash extensions have enough volume of their that most of the time you won’t need mascara to set them. If you really want to make your lashes stand out, use mascara with eyelash extension to :
- Get Bigger eyes: Wearing mascara on top of extension creates a more uniform appearance of lashes around the eyes. Hence making them appear bigger.
- Add dimension: Eyelash extension extends the length of the natural eyelash. But when there are gaps visible, one coat of mascara completes the need to refill.
- Blend the real ones with the fake ones. Mascara is the best way to mix the real lash with extension. The coating on the top, makes it look more natural and fresh.
- Customize your lash look: You can easily experiment with your lash extension using mascara. Extend them upwards or curl them back, it’s easy and quick with mascara.
- Make it more natural
How long after eyelash extension can you put mascara?
Each lash is a tiny bundle of about 8-9 lashes, all connected by a tiny ball at the bottom. It takes a lot of time around 30-40 minutes if you are new to this try.
Once you are done with eyelash extension, don’t add mascara right away. Give freshly applied extensions at least 12 to 24 hours before getting them wet. After that use your mascara wand and gently brush them out, curling the wand toward you.
Once you’ve coated the front side of your lashes, look down and carefully apply mascara to the bottom of your lashes.
Should you put mascara on the bottom eyelash
According to me, it depends on your own choice. Applying mascara to your bottom lashes can truly transform your makeup look. If you are choosing black mascara, it really contrasts up with your eyes. In addition, for a bold look, it’s always my best recommendation that you should definitely apply mascara to your bottom lashes as well.
Mascara on both sides creates more symmetry and uniformity in the eyelashes. So, to make your eyes appear wide and big, simply coat mascara on the top and bottom, it’s simple and only takes a few extra seconds.
Which mascara is safe for eyelash extension?
Applying mascara will do good only if you use the right type. Not all mascara can be worn with eyelash extensions. And the one that is best is a mascara with a water-based formula.
- One of the biggest advantages of water-based mascara is its natural potential hydrogen (pH) levels, making it a healthier option for use near the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Moreover, It is easier to apply and remove. It also doesn’t contain many of the chemicals and additives found in waterproof mascara, making water-based mascara an ideal choice for those who have sensitive eyes or skin allergies.
- Along with it, water-based mascaras are very easy to remove too. Just splash water and some soap or if you use a regular makeup remover to wipe off the mascara. Because it is easy to remove, it causes no harm to eyelash extension.
- Mascara that is water-based dries faster, and won’t cause the eyelashes to clump or stick the way oil-based mascara can.
- If you want your eyes to look more natural and light, water-based mascara is the ideal choice.
For girls who wear contacts, they should choose a water-based mascara that is hypoallergenic.
How to apply mascara to eyelash extension
In order to apply mascara with eyelash extension, take care of putting around the lengths and tips. Whether your curl upward the top lashes or move down the bottom the technique is the same.
Step 1: Brush lashes with a clean brush
Step 2: coat your lashes with your favorite water-based mascara
Step 3: Grab tweezers and separate the lashes gently
Step 4: Add mascara and separate them until they look as you want them to.
Step 5: Remember not to apply on the roots.
How to apply mascara with glasses
Applying for eyelash extensions with glasses can be a battle of times. Only your fellow friend can understand the dilemma in wanting the desired look she liked on her Instagram. The most important is the eyelash extension size which you are going to choose. The next step is customizing your extension with mascara. Here are some tips to adjust your eyelash with glasses.
- Before using mascara, try to make a rough judgment about the distance between the glasses and lashes length. This will help you in styling your extension accordingly. Now, Apply a coat of mascara to your extension and wait until they dry completely. If you love long lengths, gently curl the lashes and coat with mascara to stay upward. A tight, upward curl will not only help open your eyes more, but they’ll also prevent the lash fibers from hitting your glasses
- If you don’t like curling, simply trim a little of your lash extensions before putting them on. Then add mascara to distribute the strands evenly.
Which mascara to avoid
The stuff inside most mascara is basic but some types of ingredients can impact your lash hair.
Waterproof mascara is considered to be highly damaging to the lashes and the area around the eyes. The market is full of this type due to its smudge resistance. Yes, it lasts longer and makes your eyelashes thicker, it is not recommended for women with skin allergies.
Some of the ingredients like waxes and silicon are the reason this mascara is resilient against sweat, tears, and water. Long-term usage can have the effect of drying out lashes, which can naturally cause irritation or even a breakout, which can lead to them falling out.
Removal is another contributing factor to why you should avoid waterproof mascara. Taking off waterproof formulas is a multistep process that requires lots of rubbing to the eyes. And if you have thin eyelashes, waterproof mascara is the foremost thing to avoid.
Oil-based mascara is a hard no. These types of mascara cannot be worn with eyelash extensions because lashes are extremely fragile and heavy, the oil in mascara formulas breaks down the adhesive used to hold the extensions in place and cause them to fall out.
Fiber mascara While working with eyelash extension you need to take care of the removal part. Avoid mascara that is hard like fiber mascara. It consists of dry fiber like silk and rayon to create more lengthy extensions. But if you already have extensions, you really don’t have this one.
Touch up mascara
Well, if you want to stay fresh and active all the time, fixing your makeup from time to time is a must. Just make sure your lipstick isn’t faded, eye makeup isn’t smudged. To get the longest, fluffiest lashes all day, fix them after an hour or two. Here I don’t mean by layering them with mascara.
No! Overusing mascara will make the lashes heavy and thick. But for that extra luft, use an eyelash curler in order to place them in the right position. In case the gap between the lash hair is large and visible, only apply a thin coat of mascara.
Does eye size matter
No there is no specific size and application on how to use mascara on eyelashes extension. But, eyelashes extensions do have a length and volume specification. And it’s a good idea to choose a thicker lash extension (think 0.03mm, 0.05mm, or 0.07mm) to increase volume than coating mascara repeatedly.
How to remove mascara from eyelash extension
Removing the mascara from eyelash extension is the task of extreme care. You cannot follow the same process for natural and false eyelashes. After all, these are fake extensions and may fall out instantly without proper care.
If you are using a water-based mascara your lashes are saved. Take any oil-free remover like Bioderma Sensibio H2O, and use a spoolie brush dipped in it. Close one of your eyes and brush the lashes on top and bottom several times to remove the mascara. Repeat for the other eye. After that dab a clean tissue to wipe off the remaining traces.
The good thing is water-based mascara can be removed easily with basic oil.
Olive Oil:- Pour a few drops of olive oil on your palm and rub it gently with fingertips on the eyelash. Use a cotton ball to wipe off all the mascara. Remember not to touch the roots of lashes.
Here I strongly agree with the commercial products. There are lots of doubts about using an oil-based formula for cleaning eyelashes. Because while using oils, extra care has to be taken care of not degrading the extensions adhesive.
Best water-based mascara for eyelash extensions
L’Oreal Paris Makeup Voluminous Original Volume Building Mascara
The first water-based formula that I personally love is Loreal Paris mascara. Completely oil-free and uniquely built to keep eyelashes soft. This thick formula can highlight even your thin eyelashes making them fuller up to 5x.
Its special ingredients of pro-vitamin B5, vegetable wax, and fruit extracts enhance the volume while oozing a completely natural and mesmerizing look. Easy to wash with lukewarm water, the color availability will definitely excite you.
GladGirl | Lashe EnMasse Mascara for Eyelash Extensions
The next choice is Gladgirl that comes with a dual brush band. Anytime you are ready to touch up your lashes with the comb side and fill the gap with the mascara on the other side. Without any artificial wax, it is an exclusive product making the lashes smooth and even with a single coat.
Enhancing both the length and the volume defines your lashes to leave them with oodles of impact and style.
Xtreme Lashes Length & Volume Mascara
Xtreme is one of the trusted names in eye makeup products. This water-based mascara for lash extension is a compatible option for thin lashes. Its volumizing effect leaves the lashes sleek and shiny.
Just a coat before your meeting and you are ready in a few seconds. Never dropping throughout the day, it can easily be removed as well.
Noir Mascara by BL Blink Lash
BL Noir Mascara is an eyelash extension-friendly mascara. Its impressive set of ingredients like keratin makes it an ideal nourishing mascara. No irritation and allergies, it is safe to wear with extensions and contacts. No smudge and risk of clumping. Overall it is the perfect solution to correct your missing lashes.