Does coconut oil darken your skin? It’s has been a widely popular topic of discussion to date. And the questions surrounding the topic like are; it ok to apply it on oily skin? Or what are the benefits of applying coconut oil? or how coconut oil is applied to the skin to maximize its effects? Leaving behind these questions we are going to first focus on the most and the widely searched question does coconut oil darken your skin?
As mentioned beforehand it doesn’t darken your skin. I have been using coconut oil for so many years. Searched and researched various methods to get rid of the dark spots but in Vail. But my grandmother recommends coconut oil and after using it for about a few weeks the results are enduring.
That’s why I decided to share my personal experience with you all. I am telling this from my personal experience. I have been using coconut oil on my skin and it has proved to be beneficial for my skin. And if you are guessing which skin tone type I have that is oily skin. And many people still believe that it shouldn’t be applied to oily skin. But it’s not like that. All you have to make sure it’s to not some points. That we are going to discuss below.
Does coconut oil darken your skin?
No, coconut oil doesn’t darken your skin tone.
Coconut oil is a healthy habit
Coconut oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that are good for your skin. It is a multi-purpose oil that has wide applications. It’s a beautiful secret for many and can be used in cooking. The use of it in a definite manner is what makes its effect even more beneficial. As we are all well known by the phrase everything excess is bad. The same goes with coconut oil too.
What are the benefits of applying coconut oil?
No doubt you have heard many times that coconut oil is useful for your skin and avoids many darkening of your skin. But really how? That is the answer that we are looking for in almost every blog, article, or video. But sadly we are unable to get the right answer to it. Don’t worry here we have made this easy for you by writing down researched data about coconut oil.
Benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil is easily available and within budget too. It’s the must-have oil in women’s cosmetic products collection. And her beauty secret too.
- In fact, cleansing your face with coconut oil helps protect your face from damages caused due to pollution.
- Coconut oil lightens and brightens up your face. With systematic use of coconut oil, the skin which has dark spots like mine, lighten them and within few weeks of applying it on your face, you will see the results. I have continuously applied for about two months, and seriously, believe me, it has lightened up my dark spots and I have never felt so much good before.
- Coconut oil not only lightens your skin but brings shine and glow on your that is hiding behind the dead skin cells and dark spots. The flowing skin is all we want whether you accept it or not. The coconut oil has been on my cosmetic list since I have applied it first on my face and it never disappointed me.
- Whether you are in your teenage or in your twenties applying it to your skin will be fruitful.
- Let’s be true to ourselves there is not any product that whitens your skin. And why we need to whiten just accept your skin tone. And start working on it. The coconut doesn’t lighten your skin it just brings your natural skin tone that is hiding behind dirt due to daily pollution and other dirt particles present in the air.
- Our skin becomes tanned due to pollution and that’s when these Cosmetics products come into play. They help you to get familiar with natural skin types. The coconut oil helps you to moisturize your skin that gets dry and itchy.
- Not only you can apply coconut oil to your face but to your whole body like legs and foot. Coconut oil prevents hair damage when applied properly.
- Coconut oil is also helpful in removing makeup.
Other benefits of using coconut oil
When it comes to underlying the benefits of coconut oil it’s large compared to its cones.
Other than the fact it is used in a skincare routine to stabilize moisture and glowing skin. It’s is great if the source of good fatty acid. Which helps to reduce weight, avoiding using in large quantities as it can reverse the process.
Coconut oil is also used as a mouthwash as some studies show that it kills harmful bacteria and germs. And helps in increasing good HDL. Although it has antimicrobial properties, it is yet to prove its varying benefits by researchers.
When to apply coconut oil?
Every product is applied with a procedure that must be followed. And when to apply. A common mistake that we usually make while using these Cosmetics products or oil is we don’t apply them at the right time. What according to you is the right time to apply coconut oil? Day or night?
The right time is at night.
Speaking from my personal experience, nighttime is the best to apply coconut oil to your body.
Why so? It’s because at night you don’t need to face the pollution and dirt in the air. And because when you apply during day time and went under the sun the skin becomes dark. As most of the oil is sticky in nature and when you go out with them applying on your face the dirt particles get stuck to your face. And does more harm.
No doubt that coconut oil works as sunscreen but that doesn’t mean you need to apply it during the daytime. Use it when you are taking a sunbath. Or are you near the sea to keep the moisture off your
Use it before going to bed at night to maximize its effects.it is a substance that goes deep down the layers of your skin and moisturizes it.
How to apply coconut oil?
Now the favorite part comes where you have to follow a small procedure to apply the coconut oil to your face. In the end, what matters the most is the result. It’s best to follow small steps rather than regretting at the end.
To be precise it only involves 3- 4 steps at the maximum not more than that.
- Step 1: Wash your face before applying with facewash. As it removes the dirt and cleans your face. Wash it properly for 2 to 3 min.
- Step 2: Now after drying your face with a clean towel. You need to take a ball of cotton.
- Step 3: gently apply the coconut oil on your face with cotton balls. Mainly on the dark spots if you have any.
- Step4: with clean hands know slowly massage it on your face for about 4 to 5 minutes at max.
- Step 5: You know can sleep.
Apply it on other parts of your body as well at night only for glowing skin. Within few weeks of use, you will get the results.
From the start, we have been saying that coconut oil doesn’t darken your skin but make sure to use it as explained. If you choose to use it during the daytime then it will darken your skin. Most important of all if you are buying coconut oil, make sure it’s 100 percent natural. No refined oil. To get the most out of it choose virgin coconut oil. And makes your beauty secret.